Sunday, July 20

The 3rd truth about Kasia. Physical inactivity

Here we go- this is the 3rd truth about me.  A very bitter truth.
The fact- now, beaing nearly 30 years old I am in 1000% better shape and much more fit than 10 years ago. My strenght, endurance, resistance... Whatever you say- yes, my physical condition is fantastic now. But how was it before I changed my life?

Well, being active was never "my thing". As you already know, since I remember I was a big child, big girl and later a plus- size woman. That was mind state of mind. I am fat, I can't swim, I am not able to run, walking is quite difficult, especially when in mountains. My fav activity was a walk with dog or cycling, 10 km long cycling... Bigger I was, harder to move that BODY and try to lose some weight at the same time. I had pain in my knees. A very strong one. I was pretending it's nothing serious, but I know I was a lier! I hated myself, I hated the fact I couldn't change it just in one second. Running? What is running? It is an activity that you are using both legs faster than while walking? Ah, so I am not in, sorry. My fat body can't run, I don't want to break my legs or crush bones in a foot...


The 17 th of Aug 2011

As you know, my dear reader, this is a day of my new begining.
I knew that changing eating habits, cutting daily fat intake and counting calories will not help me without physical activity. My goal was to lose 30 kg. As you know I lost 50 kg :) Trying to avoid  excessive skin on my tummy and other neuralgic areas after weight loss I had to start exercising. Easy to say, hard to do.

Walking


From the 1st day of my new life I was walking. Walking instead of driving a car. Walking on stairs instead using an elevator. I bought new sport shoes, XXXL sport clothes and pedometer to count my steps. 4000, 6000, 8000... I was trying to make my distance longer every time- from 2-3 km to 4, 5, 6, 10 km. Day by day, step by step. After 1 month I lost amazing 8 kg. I know, water comes first, but it was fantastic feeling. I can still remember my excitement when saw 8 kg less on my scale. Success!!! It is worth to do it.

Zumba

Amigos! Zumba was definitely MY THING! I enjoyed every hour dancing, feeling the vibe and losing my weight. Plus the whole idea of a games console with motions control- such a fantastic thing. I could exercise at home, especially that I don't like gyms and working out with other people. My "private fitness instructor" helped me to learn basic motion, how to work on legs, belly, arms, back... Wow, I could see first changes in my body. New body. 18 kg lighter body.

Home gym

Finally I decided I need more. Walking and dancing was not enough. I bought  home gym accessories, such as gym ball, fitness mat and other small helpful things. I also had an exercise bike at home that finally I could use and was ready for new challenges!

The first try- jogging and running


It wasn't easy. Spring 2012 was hard to me. That was the final year of studying, my best friend was expecting her baby girl. I was tired, exhausted, very often  with no energy to wake up, no ideas how to attract daily physical activity.
I decided it's time to try running. OMG. Disaster. 100m, 200m, tragedy. I couldn't breath, my legs were in pain, whole body said NO WAY. But I haven't stopped, I tried to run even 20 m longer than previously. I was crying, shouting, doubting... I called my mother like a small girl asking her for help. Every single training day was full of the bitter tears.
That was the real test.
I realised that was a time when the strenght of my character has grown. When I has become strong woman with strong strong will. When my dreams have become more important than my weaknesses. When opportunities have become a fuel for my will. When I have started using my mind and spirit to work on my body. Fascinating discovery!
In September 2012 I bought a treadmill and whole Autumn and Winter was dedicated for trainings. Running, walking, running, walking, running, running, walking, running...Yes, finally. I can do it! My first 2, 3, 4 km without breaks. Yes, glory! I am creator of my body, I can do and achieve whatever I want!

Learning to swim

Last year, 2013, was full of cycling. A new bike, fantastic opportunity to try more, longer and harder than usually. And one more time- I did it. 60 km long trip. I was tired but happy. And proud. That I could do it! Me, Kasia.
As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I also had to learn to swim. Brrrr. Panic in my head, water- enemies territory...Not for me. But I had to. My first visit on swimming pool was terrible. I was crying, I wasafraid of water, I spent 60 minutes in learning pool for children holding kick board all the time. I couldn't move, I was paralised. Once again- I had to wrok with my head. Step by step. It took me 3 months to start swimming. But I did it. 2 times a week, 2 hours everytime. Me and water. Nothing more. It worked.

Honestly, I can imagine my life without trainings, exercising, running, walking, swimming, cycling...In other word- I can't imagine my life without the physical activity! From zero to hero, I have become a master of myself.
I am trying to do something everyday. I don't feel good when don't exercise. I love working on my mind, spirit and body. It makes me stronger, smarter and prouder every time. More and more. I can do and achieve more than yesterday. That is a real satisfaction.

Now nothing can stop me. Nothing.

Thanks for reading. Hope that my story will inspire you.
Kasia


2 comments:

  1. Kasiu jestem pod wielkim wrazeniem!!!! :) gratuluje Ci wytrwałosci- osiagłaś swój cel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Dziękuję kochana! Jak mi miło, że to czytasz! Pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete