Monday, July 21

Emotional eating. Happy or fatty?

I had a cake ;)




Yes, this is the clue. We are becoming happier when we eat healthier! I experienced it many times and I am still experiencing, especially during the specific periods of a year, such as Christmas time or any other "special occasions".

Today "I had a cake". Disaster. Disaster in my head, of course. Nothing big happened, just around 500 EMPTY calories and  40 gr of  fatty fat consumed. 
From time to time I am allowed (by my inner imperative) to consume empty calories... Like today- a coffee with my friend. The coffee+ a slice of TRIPLE chocolate cake (imagine- chocolately- chocolate cake, covered with melted chocolate and chocolate pieces). If your imagination is not working properly, this an example of triple chocolate cake.

I remember my own words- hips don't lie;) This is so true.
Every time when something processed, fatty, creamy or salty lands on my table I am experiencing totally reversed feelings to these during workout. Before I start consuming- hurrah-excitement, when I am eating my chocolate friend (enemy!!!) I am in nirvana, after- in deep, deep depression. Physical activity- before I start I am totally not interested (saying delicately), during- I am $%^&*# shouting and fighting with myself, after- I am happy, satisfied and proud. 

The open question- which one is more emotional in your opinion? And what emotions are involved in both situations? Are they right or not, maybe my attitudes towards eating and exercising are distorted? :)

No matter what the answer is- this is me, what about yourself? How are you controlling what you eat, how much, when? Or maybe you don't care, what is your point of view? And what emotions are in your head, if any, while eating and working out?

Share your experience, don't hesitate.
Kasia ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment